Murdoch is one of Sodor's largest and strongest engines.
Murdoch came to the Island to help out with the heavy goods trains. He was first annoyed by the noise the engines made, and longed for some peace and quiet. The next day, he was taking a goods train through the countryside and was enjoying the peace and quiet until some sheep ran over his line, and made a lot of noise. After that, he has enjoyed Harvey and Salty's company at the Sheds.
Murdoch is based on a BR Standard 9F.
Murdoch is as shy as he is strong, as he is actually a gentle giant. He can often be found seeking peace and quiet, away from the bustle of the yards and the Docks. He enjoys long hauls through the countryside and, although he can get short of patience and a little annoyed if he does not get some alone time, he can be quite a reserved engine. Although he can be an independent worker, Murdoch is often content to join in, help, and offer advice where he deems it worthy, but, despite being hard to miss due his defining strength and size, he will not jump to put himself at the centre of attention.
Murdoch is painted orange with green and red lining. He has smoke deflectors, on which he wears red nameplates with gold lettering.
- Season 1 - Fishy Troubles (cameo), Big Strong Murdoch, and Trust a Diesel
- Season 2 - Race with the Mail, Stories of the Sea, Dave's New Home, Scottish Engines, Disaster on Sodor (cameo), Stepney's Journey Out (cameo), and Flying Scotsman Departs (cameo)
- Season 3 - Old Slow Coach (cameo), Geoffrey and the Small Engines, and Derek Comes Home
- Season 4 - Triple Trouble, Brake Coaches, Special Engines (mentioned), Cows and Whistles (does not speak), The Wrong Sort of Coal, and Broken Down Crane
- Season 5 - Sodor Snowstorm (cameo), The Big City Engine, Percy and James, Sodor Wash Day (cameo), Return of the Spotless Record (cameo), and Samson and Logan
- Season 6 - Mystery Coming Through, Too Loud for Murdoch, James and the Royal Train (does not speak), and Edward and the Express
- Season 8 - Lampless Lance
He will appear in the seventh season.
- Thomas and the Storm
- Gordon and Spencer: An LNER Rivalry
- The Ghost Engine of Sodor
- The Curse of the Kipper
- Sodor and the Mystery of Christmas
- The Big Race
- Murdoch shares the same whistle sound with Arthur.
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Geoffrey • Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Billy • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Glynn • Ryan • Diesel • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • Dave • Derek • 'Arry and Bert • Diesel 10 • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Philip • Flynn • Winston • Stafford • Jeff • Angus • Taro •|