Stephen is Sir Robert Norramby's private engine at Ulfstead Castle.
Stephen was brought to Sodor to be restored by Sir Robert Norramby. He was eager to get to work, but that lead him to be trapped in a mine. He was ultimately rescued by Thomas, and also found King Godred's lost crown in the mine. He now enjoys taking passengers around Ulfstead Castle.
Stephen is a jolly old engine with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor. He is a good-hearted and quick-witted engine, and will not take any nonsense from engines like Spencer or Diesel. Some of the smaller engines look up to him for advice, and he is always willing to get the job done.
Stephen is painted yellow and black. He bears a gold nameplate reading "Rocket". His funnel is painted white with a gold finial and his domes, whistle, exhaust pipes, and boiler bands are copper.
- Season 1 - Edward Gets it Right (cameo), The Grand Opening Arrives (cameo), Gordon and Spencer the Fast Engines, and Thomas' Three Cheers
- Season 2 - Henry's Fire Rescue (cameo), That's My Special, and Flying Scotsman Departs
- Season 3 - Connor the Clean Engine and Cold Crews
- Season 4 - Serious Samson, Duke and Smudger's Past Adventures, Special Engines, Cows and Whistles, and James and Flynn
- Season 5 - The Big City Engine and Silver Steam
- Season 8 - Snowploughing at Christmas, Goodbye Glynn, and Glynn's Christmas Wish
- Stephen's name is more than likely derived from his builder, Robert Stephenson.
|Other Sudrian railways|
|Bill and Ben • Mavis • Stephen • Timothy • Marion • Philip • Millie